Kettle Moraine Lodge #10 is proud to offer a scholarship to individuals interested in pursuing a career in law enforcement.
The scholarships are funded by contributions to the Kettle Moraine Lodge and are dedicated to the future of American Law Enforcement. As you know, it is a tough time for law enforcement these days. Officers are under much scrutiny. The profession needs smart and strong people with high values, morals and ethics.
It is a goal of the Kettle Moraine Lodge #10 to assist qualified students to pursue undergraduate studies which will prepare them to enter a career in the law enforcement profession.
Scholarships are awarded in the amount of $1,000 payable to an accredited college or university for tuition or books. Scholarship funds will remain available to the chosen candidate(s) starting the date selection is announced.
- Be pursuing a course of study in a law enforcement career.
- Be a high school senior at a school within Washington County or attending college and a resident of Washington County.
- Maintain a minimum High School GPA of 3.0.
- A GPA of 3.0 or better must be maintained while attending an accredited college or university for funds to be paid. Those funds will be remitted only after proof of academic achievement.
- Have no negative law enforcement contacts (minor traffic violations excluded, but not excessive). *Background investigations will be conducted*
- Submit high school and/or college transcripts with the completed and signed application.
- Enclose two letters of recommendation from two separate sources, which may include teachers, clergy, a civic organization or a law enforcement professional.